Whipped up this delicious brownie in less than 15 minutes last night – mine came out pretty gooey, but definitely better to be underdone than overdone!
185g dark chocolate
85g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
3 large eggs
275g caster sugar
3 tbsp chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 160C if you have a fan oven (180C without) and line a 20cm tin with baking parchment on the bottom and grease the sides.
- Break the chocolate up into small pieces and chop the butter into cubes.Place in a microwavable bowl and heat in the microwave in bursts of 30 seconds until melted.
- Allow chocolate and butter mixture to cool. Meanwhile, crack eggs into bowl and whisk until a little frothy, add in caster sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add egg and sugar mix into the cooled chocolate.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the chocolate mix and gently fold in using a metal spoon.
- Pour this combined mixture into the lined tin. Sprinkle over the chopped nuts on top.
- Place in the preheated oven for 25 mins.
- Pull the brownie out of the oven and give it a gentle shake. If it wiggles in the middle place back in the oven for a further 5 mins.
- Take it out and wait for it to cool. (I couldn’t resist and digged in, but it is extra gooey!)